Monday, March 14, 2011

Lay`s Sweet & Spicy Chutney


Lays, mmmm. I like Lays, but it`s one of those snacks I can live without. Cost wise, they`re a bit pricier than Simba and the other brands. I also generally prefer the other stuff. Lay`s are perfectly tasty and good looking, but I dont generally get excited unless there`s a new flavour , or I can track down a pack of elusive barbeque Lays, which seem to never be in front of me when Im looking for them.

I cant remember the last time I had bbq Lays, Im not even sure if they`re called beef or barbeque, but they`re befuck, definately my favourite Lays.

Anyways, these are sweet and spicy chutney. This to me says they are plain old boring chutney chips, and Im likely right. I dont get excited by new flavours that just slightly rehash old flavours.

I like how this 30g pack is perfectly inflated, in a pinch they might come in handy as life preservers

Looking at the nutritional info it reminds me how no one ever says anything about the fact that Lays (at least all the packs of Lay`s that Ive seen) contain more good fat than bad fat. Of the 10.8g of fat that this packet contains, 1.2g of it is poly-unsaturated (good fat), 4.6g is mono-unsaturated (good fat), and 4.9g of it is saturated (bad fat). That means, that despite it containing almost 5 grams of bad fat, it contains even more good fat (5.8g)



The taste test confirms it. They taste like chutney, lol. Not spicy at all. Maybe some burn would have helped to leave a stronger impression. Sorry, these are plain old chutney chips. Tasty, sure. Different, nope.

No comments: